Ka whānau ki te ao, Ka mārama te titiro
Te Rā Whānau Rima Tekau o Porirua
Porirua City - 50 years young
Our city turns 50 next year and it’s time to celebrate!
We have packed a whole lot into our half century of life! Much is going on behind the scenes to make sure that we commemorate our past and celebrate our achievements and the bright future of our young city.
A committee, made up of a great cross section of people, has been formed to plan our official commemorations. They are busy making the most of the talents and ideas coming from our community and are committed to making this a celebration which will appeal to everyone in Porirua City.
A range of events will take place throughout the year, culminating with official commemorations taking place in October.
- a gala dinner - with a difference - at Pataka
- a whole city attempt at the breaking of some world records
- a night market complete with star entertainment
- a cultural feast and range of performances
- free family activities and events
… and a dazzling fireworks display to light up our beautiful harbour!
More details to come as our very exciting #porirua50 plans unfold further throughout 2015!